....To submit,just email your stories or art to ozonetv@mac.com....
It might've been the day you started laughing and shot mashed potatoes out of your nose on the lunch of that one girl. Or it might've been the week you and your manboobs were forced to bounce up and down the basketball court in gym. Whatever it was, something really tortured happened to you in junior high and you've never forgotten. Kind of selfish of you not to share, don't you think?

Debate team embarassment

I wasn't involved in any extra-curreicular activities and I went to Catholic school. One of the elderly nuns was concerned about that and she wanted me to participate in some school activity. I didn't have any interest in that. A few of my friends were on the debate team. So I joined so I can hang with my friend. I became a debate team alternate, I'd be there in case someone got sick. I never expected to take part in a debate. My best friend got sick and needed an operation adn I had to take her place on the debate team at the last minute. The topics were assigned and the teams had debate back and forth. My topic was air pollution. I was completely unprepared. I didn't know or care anything about the debates. She gave me all of her cards before she went to the hospital then we went to the debate. I didn't know what was on the cards. It turns out that everyone could argue in great detail and I was unprepared. It was my turn and started to hem and haw, just trying to make sense with what was on the cards. I looked up and the debate team judges were laughing at me. I didn't blame them...but it was really demoralizing. We lost the debate and I quit the team, but everyone tried to get me to stay. But all I could think of were those laughing judges so I ended up quitting and later got the record for school hookey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(When you submit your story, artwork or photos, you grant ozone inc a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use the work to be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, transmitted, distributed, published, displayed or otherwise under our sole discretion. )